“Show up, pay attention, tell the truth and don’t get hooked on outcomes.”
Colleen founded The Cornerstone Group in 1993, after 10 years at Twin Cities Housing Corporation and Turner Development Corporation. Her vision still holds true today – to transform communities through socially responsible development projects.
As President, Colleen is responsible for overseeing all corporate and financial operations including acquisitions, new development, redevelopment, asset management, property management, strategic planning and community relationship building. She’s overseen the development or rehabilitation of 15 properties totaling over a $250 million dollars. These projects represent a mix of housing types, ranging from 30 units to 200 units, affordable housing to market rate to luxury condos. She has also worked on rental and for-sale developments and has completed a number of restorations of historically significant buildings.
Education & Accreditations
- MBA, University of Wisconsin Madison
Focus: Real Estate Development and Finance
- Licensed Minnesota Real Estate Broker
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Chair, Board of Directors, the Minnesota Land Trust
- Chair, Minnesota District Council for the Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Previous President, Board of Directors, The Illusion Theater and the Harriet Tubman Center
- Previous Vice President, the Ripley Foundation