Development Projects Coordinator
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” -Mahatma Gandhi
As Development Projects Coordinator for The Cornerstone Group, Caryn assists the Director of Development with securing project financing through grants and loans, managing project planning, sustainability, design and construction, and coordination of marketing and communications. Caryn works with the development team, municipalities, and vendors to complete detailed tasks during each stage of the project process, ensuring that projects are completed in a timely, high-quality manner while meeting each community’s unique goals and needs.
Prior to joining The Cornerstone Group, Caryn worked for over 8 years in multifamily and mixed-use property and portfolio management. Through her experience at Oakwood Worldwide, Archstone-Smith, and TE Miller Development, Caryn has thorough knowledge of property operations, financial modeling, capital improvement projects, marketing, and staff management. From 2006-2009, she led TE Miller Development’s property management team, overseeing the performance of 1,200 units and 35 team members. Caryn stepped into a development role while working on TE Miller’s first major project – the development and successful lease-up of York Place Apartments in Edina, which opened in 2009. With a background in online marketing, social media, and content creation, she has also worked as a freelance writer for the University of St. Thomas Shenehon Center for Real Estate.
Education & Accreditations
- Master of Science in Real Estate, University of St. Thomas
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Real Estate License (North Carolina)
- Active with the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and WIRED UP
- Presenter at Minnesota Multi-Housing Association Annual Convention on sustainable multifamily housing
- Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and Windustry at the MN State Fair Eco-Experience
- Previous board member, Twin Cities Pride and Compassionate Action for Animals